Serving as guardian for someone and need time off for yourself? Planning for what is going to happen to your disabled loved one once you can no longer make decisions for them? You’ve come to the right place!

Your attorney can draft a Power of Attorney and the required medical releases allowing us to act on your behalf for your loved one, for up to six months at a time, under a professional services agreement with you.

Take the break you need to care for yourself while resting assured that your loved one is in professional, experienced hands. At the beginning of the arrangement, your loved one will receive a comprehensive intake assessment so you can communicate all of the important information, key data, and contacts required to make appropriate, well-informed decisions in your absence.

Worried about what will happen when you are no longer around to make decisions for your adult child or incapacitated spouse? There is no need to fret.

You can nominate a successor guardian, conservator, and/or trustee in documents drafted by your estate planning attorney if you are planning for your disabled adult child’s future needs. Arizona law allows a parent to appoint a guardian for an unmarried incapacitated adult child in the parent’s will. The spouse of an incapacitated person can also name the guardian for his or her incapacitated surviving spouse in his or her will. This is referred to as “testamentary appointment” of the guardian.

For more information, please request an appointment to discuss your situation by phone, in person, at our office, or at your loved one’s home.